Captain Cook Facts For Kids : Mantra Pressure Cooker
Captain Cook Facts For Kids
- Cook: English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
- “Captain Cook” is the first episode of Blackadder Goes Forth, the fourth series of the BBC sitcom Blackadder.
- Captain James Cook FRS RN (– 14 February 1779) was a British explorer, navigator and cartographer, ultimately rising to the rank of Captain in the Royal Navy.
- 4Kids Entertainment (commonly known as 4Kids) is a Worldwide International American film and television production company. It is known for English-dubbing Japanese anime, specializing in the acquisition, production and licensing of children’s entertainment around the United States.
- The Sport Ju-Jutsu system for kids is designed to stimulate movement and to encourage the kids natural joy of moving their bodies. The kids train all exercises from Sport Ju-Jutsu but many academys leave out punches and kicks for their youngest athlethes.
- Virtual Stadium Tours
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; “your fears have no basis in fact”; “how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell”
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
- A thing that is indisputably the case
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; “he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts”
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; “first you must collect all the facts of the case”
Since all the cool kids seem to be doing it…
I actually looked for more of the characters. I know we have Eleanor, Alvin and Simon as well as Theodore. Didn’t feel like putting in the effort to find them.
I’ve actually been tagged by two people to do an 8 Random Fact List. Thanks guys.
Here’s my list:
1. I HATE waterchestnuts. I know they have absolutely no taste but I cannot stand their texture in my mouth.
2. I love horror movies. I actually remember watch The Exorcist as a small child. I’m talking 4 or 5 years old. Yeah, not sure what my parents were thinking or not thinking. But to this day, I think it’s one of the best horror films ever made.
3. I met my husband in college. Actually my parent’s let me live in a co-ed dorm my freshman year. (Yeah, another case of what were they thinking.) Anyway, my now husband lived across the hall from me my freshman year. We didn’t start dating until the following year at least.
4. I love to cook leftover spaghetti noodles with scrambled eggs. I know it’s completely random but my dad always did this crazy breakfast dish for us and I loved it. I still make it for myself with the leftover noodles. I have yet to convince anyone in my household that it’s good.
5. I met Oprah Winfrey. Actually was held by Oprah. I was 4 at the time. This was almost 30 years ago when she hosted a local morning talk show in Baltimore, Maryland called People Are Talking. I went to meet Captain Kangaroo. Who knew.
6. I hate housework. PERIOD.
7. My son is named after the Tom Selleck character on the TV show Las Vegas. The character’s name was AJ Cooper but everyone just called him Cooper. As a whim, the name went down on the potential list and my husband fell in love with it.
8. I worked in an Organ Transplant Lab for 8 years. Being a mom is much harder work.
16. Nick Jonas got his purity ring at Disney World!
17. Kevin Jonas’ favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs
18. Joe had his first kiss when he was 14.
19. Joe’s favorite song off the album A Little Bit Longer is "Pushing Me Away."
20. Kevin’s favorite NSYNC song is "Gone."
21. Joe was once sent to the principal’s office on the first day of school for playing a prank on his friends.
22. Joe has a scar above his nose after getting 50-60 stitches while making a video for Youtube with his brothers.
23. Nick Jonas can’t whistle very well.
24. Kevin is the first to fall asleep and the first to wake up out of his brothers.
25. Kevin Jonas accidentally tripped at a recent photoshoot…it was all because of Joe’s foot!
26. The Jonas Brothers appeared on LMFAO’s "Shots" music video, 00:22 ;)